First- My reading status-
Book 1- Variant- Robison Wells (103/375 pgs)
Book 2- Kane Richards Must Die- Shanice Williams (272 pgs)
Book 3- Anya's Ghost- Vera Brosgol (221 pgs)
Book 4- But I Love Him- Amanda Grace (252 pgs)
Book 5- Geek Girl- Cindy C. Bennett (306 pgs)
Book 6- Breaking Point- Alex Flinnn (240 pgs)
Book 7- The Sky is Everywhere- Jandy Nelson (277 pgs)
Book 8- Justin Morgan Had a Horse- Marguerite Henry (160 pgs)
Book 9- Misty of Chinconteague- Marguerite Henry (158 pgs)
And the mid event survey-
1. What are you reading right now?
Nothing. I only update after I've finished a book, so I'm in between :) Thinking about starting Jandy Nelson's The Sky is Everywhere next, or I might also read Dark Eden by Patrick Carman.
2. How many books have you read so far?
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Not sure yet. I haven't decided what other books I'll be reading for the read-a-thon, so I'll just have to wait and see. But, possibly I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert or Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler. I'm pretty sure I'm going to read those, but things change... :)
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really, I don't work on Saturdays, and I just told family/friends that I'd be unavailable today :)
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
My interruptions have been minimal. And, I pretty much just read through them anyway :)
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
... Can't really think of anything... Well, I might get more food to snack on, as opposed to just candy.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Nope. I was WAY more tired early this morning, having to get up and actually start reading and 6am. I won't be getting tired for hours yet :)
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?Not really. I'm pretty sure someone else has already thought of anything that I could add. Although, I've found it's best if I focus on books I legitimately WANT to read, instead of books I think I SHOULD be reading, ESPECIALLY as it gets later and later and you need more and more motivation to stay up.